April 29, 2011

STRUCTURE/ABSTRACTION: ALTER EGO

My alter ego is inspired from the chaos formed by the date December 21, 2012. A date created by the Myans and their calendar. It is based on large cycles of time, which are accurately map the cycles of the cosmos. Each glyph among the calendar shows a mark when something intense and dramatic happened at that time, when the norm was broke. It also brings our memory of who we are in relationship to the truth behind the mystery of the cosmos. The glyphs also charge with teh peruse information that ativates our emotion in a specific, personal way.

Based on this history, I chose the Myan sun god, in the center of the calendar, as the face of my mask. This incorporates myself with this history, as I will be a perdictor of the present through past and current morals and beliefs. Living to the present is had for me to work with, for I am always wondering around in the future making sure I have myself set up to suceed, and I am always in rememberance of the past missing my friends and family I left behind when I chose to come here to Ringling. 
Along the top carried all the way to the back of the mask contains glyphs that highlight the important times in my life where I created the morals I now carry with me today, and those events where powerful emotion was extruded from my body, much like the calendar with their glyphs. I modified these glphys, nad only chose the main four on the calendar contained on the first ring closest to the face. Ironically enough, I could only recall four moments in my life that are important to who I am today. 










No comments:

Post a Comment